- Avoid lying down for four to five hours after treatment.
- Avoid touching the area where Botox was injected. Do not massage or rub the area for at least 24 hours after injection.
- While you are welcome to resume your normal daily activity immediately after treatment, avoid strenuous physical activity for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid consuming large amounts of alcohol after treatment.
- Avoid taking blood-thinning medications, such as Excedrin, Ibuprofen or Aspirin.
- If you want, apply a lightweight cold compress to the treated area for a few minutes.
- There may be minor bruising from your injection, but this is often so light, it can be covered with makeup.
- If you experience any side effects or complications or think you are having an allergic reaction to Botox (this is very rare, but can happen), seek medical attention immediately.